Monday, November 26, 2012

Giving thanks, in November.

All month long, I've been reading about what all of my "facebook friends" are thankful for. Each day there is something different. Friends, family, children, coffee, seat warmers in the car, a free Saturday with nothing on the calendar... the list is endless. Even though I wasn't one of those posting my "daily thanks" this year, believe me, I have so many things to be thankful for. I truly do! 

One of the things that I'm most thankful for this year has been Leo's good health. You wouldn't guess it by reading about all of the doctor and therapy appointments he has been to so far, or by the look of my calendar in the month of December - as we are bound to set a record for him! But compared to a friend in our local DS community with a baby who went in for open heart surgery a month ago who has been in ICU ever since, compared to our friends who have seen their sweet daughter go through the unimaginable in her fight against leukemia for the past 18 months, and another friend whose sweet boy has been battling brain cancer for years with an incredible amount of therapy, as well as the endless stories of other children fighting health battles that I seem to come across everywhere, every day...... in comparison, I. Am. Thankful.

Even more than this, I am thankful to have a heavenly Father, almighty God, loving Lord... who listens to our prayers as we petition Him for all of these children. One who provides comfort and peace for those in need. Who tugs at our hearts to reach out to others who need His love as they walk through their darkest days, especially those moments when caring for and worrying over a sick child. A loving God who sent his one and only Son to be born in a stinky stable and die a cruel death on a cross to save us all - giving us the Hope of an Eternity with Him, along with those that we love.  For this reason, above all things, the one thing I am most thankful for this month is .... Leo's baptism. 

On November 11, 2012...

We made a vow to raise Leo in a Christian home.


Leo John Christopher Ghormley was committed to our heavenly Father!

and we Celebrate!

2 Timothy 3:14-15   But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have firmly believed, knowing from whom you learned it and how from childhood you have been acquainted with the sacred writings, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus.

With love,
Joyce

No comments:

Post a Comment