Tuesday, March 26, 2013

*milestone alert*...baby on the move!

If I can be honest for a minute, I try not to compare Leo to other babies. I know by the nature of his extra chromosome that he'll take a little longer to do things, and that's really okay. But sometimes, I just forget how old Leo is. If I were judging his age based on milestones, my guess would be about 9 months. If I can be even a little more honest, I do find myself capturing comparisons to his brother and sister. Being a mom to three, isn't that just natural? 

Just to put things into perspective...

When it came to crawling, it seemed to take Meris forever!  She was pulling up and cruising for a couple months. I thought for sure she'd walk without crawling. Then one day, at the ripe age of 11 months, at a music festival in Telluride, Colorado, she began to crawl.  Then along came Seth... who did everything so quickly, I found myself saying "is he old enough to do that already??" He began to crawl at around 8 to 9 months.

And there is Leo. Sweet baby Leo has worked so hard for every milestone. I find myself implementing so much patience that when he achieves something it seems to catch me by surprise. Like he did about 2 weeks ago.  I wasn't prepared to catch it on camera the first time around, but tonight I did...



My little man the army crawler!

Leo works so very hard to achieve milestones like this, and we are so incredibly proud!

:-D

Love, Joyce

1 comment:

  1. yay yay yay SQUISHY!! so wonderful, watch out world Leo is on his way! i love him. I know how proud you are :)

    ReplyDelete